My basic recipe.
So after some terrible failures I finally found a great base juice that is also a good base salad. Here is that recipe.
- 3-4 large romaine heart leaves, or 4-5 small
- 10 grapes
- 1 stalk of celery, leaves included
- 5 baby carrots or 1 large regular carrot.
- Another fruit.. I like 4 strawberries, a couple slices of watermelon, oranges, or a kiwi
- 1/2 a cupo f water and 3 ice cubes
- Add peeled cucumber slices
- Use raw spinach instead of romaine
- Add half a scoop of protein powder
- add a red,yellow, or orange sweet pepper without the seeds
- Broccoli and tomatoes are really tasty if you like them.. you can make soup out of your juice too!
- Use Kale leaves
- Ginger root or powdered ginger
My favorite salad dressing recipe!
10 calorie Spice & Mustard vinaigrette
- tablespoon Spiracha Chili hot sauce ( or other hot sauce)
- ¼ cup Yellow Mustard
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons Agave or Honey (optional and adds calories)
- In a bottle, blender, or lided container…
- Mix equal parts mustard and Apple cider vinegar together
- Add tablespoon of spiracha or more to taste.
- Add tablespoon of balsamic or more for to taste
- Shake vigorously or use a blender
- Use water to thin if too strong
- Use Agave or Honey to thicken or sweeten for a marinade.